Eagle Title, a leading title insurance company, is seeking an experienced underwriter to join our team. The underwriter will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing real estate titles and related documents to determine the insurability of a property. The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Ready to join a progressive, team-oriented company? Come join our 50+ strong team that makes Eagle Title the best title company, voted year after year.
As an Underwriter with Eagle Title, your responsibilities would include:
- Review and analyze real estate titles, surveys and related documents to determine the insurability of a property and prepare title commitments accordingly.
- Evaluate risks and make sound underwriting decisions based on established guidelines and policies.
- Check for any objections or encumbrances on title and order proper documentation in advance of closing.
- Take steps to resolve title issues including, but not limited to, obtaining releases of liens and securing necessary documentation and signatures.
- Assisting title processors with items necessary to prepare file transactions for settlement.
- Communicate with agents, attorneys, and other parties to resolve title issues and answer underwriting questions.
- Ensure that all underwriting decisions and actions comply with company policies, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Provide excellent customer service to agents and other stakeholders including communicating to and maintaining relationships with underwriting counsel.
- Maintain accurate and complete underwriting files and documentation.
- Participate in training and development programs to enhance underwriting knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in title insurance underwriting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software programs
- Knowledge of title insurance laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
Eagle Title is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.